Sunday, January 07, 2007

Some hard news...


This is very difficult to write, but I feel that I must write it. We learned yesterday that we lost the baby. Rachel has been in Thailand for the past week and experienced some complications that led her to go to the emergency room. While at the hospital, the doctor checked for the heartbeat that had been there and it was no longer there. He said that probably the baby passed on about a week ago.
This is hard news...there really is no easy way of saying it. There is never an easy way to face that circumstance, but Rachel and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is in control and that His will is perfect. It is tempting to allow the enemy a foothold into our life and mind and listen to his lies and accusations, but who are we to question God? I think that God understands and honors the gnawing pain that we feel, and yet He is God...His plan is for our good, not our harm. We can do nothing but trust that He is in control, as cliche as that can sometimes sound, and marvel and revel in His comfort. And He has comforted us...Rachel has been surrounded by ladies that love her and care deeply for her and can connect with her in ways that even I cannot. I was allowed the privelege of leading worship at a Calvary Chapel here on Okinawa of about 200 people, and even while singing I felt the hand of God strengthening and comforting me. How great is our God! How marvelous are His works! Blessed be His name...He gives and takes away, and yet forever we will choose to say Blessed Be HIS Name, that glorious, perfect, awesome name.
I ask your prayers for Rachel and I as we heal and grieve. May God's Glory and Renown be spread across this earth, and the mission be accomplished for which we were left on this planet of suffering and hardship, to see the name of Christ be praised by every tribe, tongue and nation. To Him be the glory, forever and ever, amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home